Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and Breakfast Club of Canada join forces,
with a $500,000 contribution over the next 5 years
Boucherville, February 5, 2020 – In an effort to further expand their impact, the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation has chosen to embrace a national cause that is directly linked to their mission of meeting the fundamental basic need of good nutrition. As a result, a $500,000 contribution will be made to the Club over the next five years to help it establish additional breakfast programs, backed by the support of volunteers, youth and various communities.
- By ensuring that schools enjoy the support of caring communities equipped to foster children’s well-being, it is possible not only to improve the nutrition they receive, but also to develop an overall environment that is more conducive to good health.
- Students, who are already encouraged to volunteer with their school breakfast program, will have access to new tools designed to sharpen their leadership skills and boost their nutritional knowledge.
- Working together, the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and Breakfast Club of Canada will be able to ensure more students get a healthy breakfast before they start their school day.
- Watch the video explaining the partnership here: https://youtu.be/6JnWHMxqfw0.
“We are proud to partner with Breakfast Club of Canada. This joint commitment will allow us to provide food security to the communities facing the greatest need. Through the Club’s various programs, Sodexo employees will have numerous opportunities to volunteer their time and talent.”
– Suzanne Bergeron, Chair, Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation
“We hope to take advantage of this partnership to improve existing resources with regard to child nutrition. To make this happen, we need to work closely not only with school administrations but also with the surrounding communities so that the impact of our breakfast programs reaches beyond serving them a healthy morning meal every day.”
– Judith Barry, Co-Founder and Director, Impact and Sustainable Solutions, Breakfast Club of Canada
About Breakfast Club of Canada
Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a charitable organization that provides funding, equipment, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the Club is dedicated to ensuring every child starts their day with a nutritious morning meal, in a safe and secure environment. Accredited by Imagine Canada as a trustworthy charity, Breakfast Club of Canada is present in 1,809 schools from coast to coast feeding over 243,500 children every school morning. To learn more visit breakfastclubcanada.org or find us on social media.
About the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation
Our mission is to be a driving and creative force that contributes to a hunger-free nation. The Foundation supports innovative programs that focus on elevating communities and empowering women through skills training and mentoring programs to break the cycle of poverty. The Foundation encourages Sodexo employees’ spirit of service in support of hunger-related initiatives in their local communities.
About Sodexo in Canada
Sodexo delivers a wide range of customized solutions, designed to optimize work and living environments. Sodexo has been providing food and facilities management services in Canada for over 40 years, with a focus on enhancing well-being, work processes and safety. With over 145 clients in the corporate, education, healthcare and energy and resources segments, Sodexo is a market leader in Canada. Sodexo has been recognized as a top employer for the past seven consecutive years. Sodexo is proud to have created the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, an independent charitable organization that has raised over $3 million to fight hunger and donated more than one million meals to at-risk youth across Canada since 2007.
- 13,500 employees
- 145+ clients
- 260+ sites
- Platinum Parity Certification
– 30 –
For more information:
Communications Advisor, Public Relations
Breakfast Club of Canada
1-888-442-1217, ext. 3369