A Recipe that Gives the Chills!
Photo Credit: All the Nourishing Things
Did you know Halloween doesn’t necessarily means serving candies and treats? The proof is this frightening yet nutritious recipe, Boooonana Ghost Pops! Easy to make, they will make children of your breakfast program shudder with joy!
You will need: bananas, vanilla yogurt, raisins or chocolate chips, popsicle sticks.
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise at a slight angle. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana and push it about halfway up.
- Put the yogurt into a small bowl. Hold onto the pops by the popsicle sticks and roll each banana in the yogurt to coat the exterior (tilting the bowl so the yogurt pools on the side makes this easier). Let excess yogurt drip back into the bowl (you can run your finger along the back of the bananas to remove the excess). Lay the pops in the baking pan.
- Push 2 chocolate chips or 2 raisins into each banana to make the eyes of the ghosts.
- Put into the freezer to firm up, at least 3 hours. Serve straight from the freezer.
Visit our Recipes section for more delicious recipes!