Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing services and funding to school breakfast programs across the country. We work with partners from all sectors to deliver a high-quality national school food program. Together, we create a nurturing environment, where children and youth can access the nourishment they need to succeed and flourish. Our organization has grown tremendously over the years, but our desire to see children thrive has remained constant.
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for an Accounting Technician to join the Finance and Accounting team. Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the selected candidate will be responsible for handling end-to-end accounts receivable processes and assisting various stakeholders in managing donations.
- Assist with deposits and reconciliations.
- Process receivables and produce reports for various internal stakeholders.
- Reconcile data from external management tools (CRM system) with accounting figures.
- Ensure the accuracy of information in the CRM system.
- Produce month-end analyses and reports.
- Act as a resource person for tax receipt-related matters.
- Assist donors with the various payment methods available.
- Assist the members of the Finance and Accounting team with a variety of tasks.
- Perform other related duties.
- Vocational or college diploma (DVS/DEP, ACS/AEC or DCS/DEC) in accounting, administration or a related discipline.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central, an asset.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, a major asset.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Thorough and detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Ability to identify and make connections between various elements and determine the actions to be taken.
- Independent, resourceful and proactive.
- Strong communication skills and customer service mindset.
- Collaborative team player.
- Permanent, full-time position (Monday to Friday).
- Flexible hours.
- Summer work schedule.
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation and personal leave days.
- Paid day off on your birthday.
- Group insurance plan.
- Access to telemedicine services.
- Employee assistance program.
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions.
- Employee recognition program.
- Health and wellness program.
- Professional development program.
- The selected candidate will work in hybrid mode from the Boucherville office or remotely from a Canadian city.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.