Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing services and funding to school breakfast programs across the country. We work with partners from all sectors to deliver a high-quality national school food program. Together, we create a nurturing environment, where children and youth can access the nourishment they need to succeed and flourish. Our organization has grown tremendously over the years, but our desire to see children thrive has remained constant.
Breakfast Club of Canada is currently seeking a Corporate Writer and Communications Advisor based out of our Boucherville office or working from another Canadian city. Reporting to the Senior Content and Ambassadors Advisor, the selected candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing communications plans to raise the organization’s profile with various audiences and for helping to draft and disseminate corporate messages. They will play a key role in the Communications and Marketing team and work closely with the Philanthropy, Human Resources and School Food Programs teams. The selected candidate must be fluently bilingual in French and English.
- Contribute to the drafting, production, distribution and updates of various communications tools in French and English (website content, activity reports, fact sheets, key messages, speeches, social media posts, etc.).
- Draft content for, and contribute to the planning, production and distribution of, internal and external newsletters.
- Edit and review various documents for internal and external audiences.
- Work with other teams and partners on the content for various projects (video shoots, events, etc.).
- Contribute to planning and executing the annual communications plan.
- Support the team in preparing and implementing communications plans for specific initiatives.
- Ensure key messages and the organization’s values are conveyed clearly to external and internal audiences.
- Produce reports following major initiatives and measure the impacts of strategies.
- Advise various stakeholders on content and communications tools.
- Contribute to planning and executing the internal communications plan.
- Provide support to other teams for their internal communications requirements and equip them with best practices.
- Help plan major internal meetings throughout the year.
- University degree in communications or professional writing, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent command of both French and English (oral and written).
- Excellent editing and translation skills (native proficiency in French and advanced proficiency in English).
- Extensive experience and skill in writing and adapting content for various communications platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in the social enterprise, non-profit or philanthropy sector, an asset.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Excellent people and relational skills.
- Strong sense of professionalism and political acumen.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Prioritization, planning and organizational mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Tact, resourcefulness and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal intelligence.
- Collaborative team player.
- Temporary position (15 months, with possibility of extension).
- Full-time, Monday to Friday.
- Flexible hours.
- Summer work schedule.
- Vacation and personal leave days.
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions.
- The selected candidate will work in hybrid mode from the Boucherville office or remotely from a Canadian city.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.