Statut: Permanent, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a charitable organization that provides funding, equipment, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the Club is dedicated to ensuring every child starts their day with a nutritious morning meal, in a safe and secure environment. Accredited by Imagine Canada as a trustworthy charity, Breakfast Club of Canada is present in 1,809 schools from coast to coast feeding over 243,500 children every school morning.
Breakfast Club of Canada is hiring a Business Development Coordinator. The successful candidate must be an energetic, driven and proactive team player. They will work closely with the development team to make connections and provide organizational and other support. The candidate will work out of our Vancouver office.
- Identify prospective donors and investigate funding opportunities;
- Campaign support and facilitation with HO. Outbound calls may be required during campaigns;
- Act as a Club representative at social and corporate events;
- Aid in tracking progress on and achieving development objectives;
- Coordinate fundraiser-related tasks;
- Write thank you letters to donors and partners;
- Maintain relationships with donors;
- Assist with the implementation of the recognition partner and donor strategy;
- Follow up on partner appreciation at the conclusion of a project and ensure files and images are properly archived;
- Make thank-you and solicitation calls to partners and potential partners.
- Keep records and produce summaries and official reports regularly and as needed;
- Ensure donor data is properly managed in the database;
- Track the development budget and produce the necessary reports;
- Prepare mail-outs and emails for partners;
- Create donor and partner profiles;
- Handle incoming calls and emails as needed, and direct to the appropriate team member;
- Carry out any other administrative support tasks necessary for the team to operate smoothly.
- College/technical degree in marketing/business/philanthropy, or equivalent experience;
- Three to five years of relevant experience;
- Highly organized with strong writing skills;
- Fluency in English (French is an asset);
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; with a strong sense of Power Point;
- Effective public speaking skills;
- Experience with Salesforce, an asset;
- Must pass a police record check.
- Subscribes to the Club’s values;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Talent for organization and coordination;
- Adaptability and an aptitude for change management;
- Enjoys teamwork.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.