Status: Temporary (3 weeks)
Area: (customized per geographical area)
Dates: September 4 – September 24
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire candidates across the country for a paid three-week contract from September 4 to 24, 2019, to support the annual back-to-school campaigns in designated Walmart and Costco locations. This will involve visiting designated locations to motivate employees, talk about Breakfast Club of Canada and encourage customers to make checkout donations. Training and resources will be made available to hired candidates.
- Visit and steward a minimum of Walmart stores and Costco warehouses during the specified period of time.
- Report results daily.
- Quickly assess challenges and opportunities in various locations upon arrival.
- Express local impact and share BCC and local school information with store and warehouse staff.
- Suggest additional fundraising ideas to Walmart associates and Costco employees.
- Take pictures of highly visible campaigns and share with BCC contact.
- Motivate staff to raise more funds for BCC.
- 35 hours/week for 3 weeks
- Weekdays before 5 p.m.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Ability to interact with the public
- Basic knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- Ability to learn and communicate the benefits of partnership with BCC
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to encourage and engage in constructive dialogue with stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of local area and ability to create an efficient schedule to visit multiple locations
- 3 in Ontario (1 for Toronto area, 1 for western Ontario (London area) and 1 for eastern Ontario (Ottawa area))
- 3 in Quebec (2 for Montreal area, 1 for Quebec City area)
- 1 in Atlantic Canada (Halifax or Moncton)
- 2 in British Columbia (1 for Vancouver area, 1 for Island or Interior)
- 1 in Manitoba (Winnipeg area)
- 1 in Saskatchewan (Saskatoon area or Regina area)
- 2 in Alberta (1 for Edmonton area, 1 for Calgary area)