Status: Permanent, full time
Area: Boucherville, QC
Experience: 7 to 10 yrs
INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire a Communications Director to actively participate in energizing the Club’s mission and enhancing its reputation, while helping increase its donors’ sense of belonging. The Communications Director will work closely with the Marketing Director, both positions reporting to the National Vice-President of Communications, Marketing & East Government Affairs.
More specifically, the Communications Director will:
- Manage all communications and team members;
- Develop varied communications plans for events and campaigns;
- Prepare a dissemination plan for marketing products and programs to support the marketing strategy and objectives;
- Develop a national strategic plan, oversee its dissemination and ensure its implementation;
- Analyze monitoring results and the environment of the organization to constantly finetune the Club’s positioning and reputation;
- Implement and orchestrate education and awareness-building strategies about the cause (content production, dissemination on the website, social media, ambassadors, public relations, and school visits and activities, among others);
- Supervise and guide the production of internal and external content (publications, social media, website, newsletters and media relations, among others) to ensure their consistency, strategic alignment and quality;
- Draft public communications (talks, speeches, press releases) for senior management and assist other colleagues, as needed;
- Maintain and develop business relationships with experts, agencies and consultants to maximize benefits;
- Build close ties with the media, members and the public;
- Define key performance indicators (KPI) for each communications campaign, analyze the results and present recommendations;
- Contribute to government affairs activities;
- Act as a communications expert-advisor;
- Monitor trends and communications best practices and make relevant recommendations;
- Carry out all other related tasks required for the department’s smooth operations.
- Proven leader;
- Strategic thinker;
- Problem solver, results-oriented;
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainly;
- Agile and flexible.
- University degree in communications or another related field;
- Minimum of seven to 10 years of experience in communications;
- Subscribes to the culture of the organization;
- Shares the Club’s values;
- Bilingualism (French and English), a requirement;
- Proficiency in Office suite applications;
- Proven skill in managing a team;
- Knowledge of the philanthropic field, an asset.
- The selected candidate will work out of the Boucherville office;
- Must pass a police check.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.