Statut: Permanent, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
Experience: 5 to 8 yrs
Breakfast Club of Canada makes sure that children receive two elements required for growth and learning: a nutritious breakfast and an environment that fosters self-esteem.
Breakfast Club of Canada is seeking an experienced business development professional to join our high performing Development team. We work in a collaborative culture together as one group. Previous success in this department has been achieved through hard work, commitment to the cause and the team, and an overall sense of humour. Acting as the Director, Business Development, success in this role is dependent on being a great communicator (internal and external), having the ability to foster relationships and build trust easily, leading to the generation of new revenue.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Development & Government Affairs, the Director of Business Development is responsible for the management of all related fundraising activities including prospect research, documentation, budgeting and activities related to the moves management cycle. The successful applicant is responsible for growth and achieving financial targets that ensure successful implementation of key initiatives to feed children in Canada. They will also represent the Club with potential and existing partners and ensure development of collaborative partnerships.
More specifically, the person hired for this position will:
- Work closely with the VP of Development and the team to meet fundraising goals;
- Responsible for achieving financial targets and increasing donor base;
- Oversee management of peer-to-peer fundraising events and to develop new community events;
- Ensure highest level of fundraising standards;
- Actively seek out new opportunities for fundraising;
- Monitor fundraising progress, produce reports, analyze results, and recommend changes and strategies as required to maximize revenues;
- Identify staffing needs for ongoing development and growth;
- Possibility of managing 2-3 Ontario team members;
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the smooth functioning of the team;
- Through actions and attitude, actively participate in and contribute to the Club’s culture of collaboration and respect.
- University degree or advanced diploma in relevant field or demonstrated experience;
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience of successful fundraising;
- Experience in philanthropy would be an important asset;
- A strong understanding of the Ontario economy, business environment and non-profit organizations;
- Strategic mindset;
- Business savvy and adaptability;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively and build partnerships with community organizations and schools;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Salesforce is an asset;
- Must satisfy a background security check.
Skills & Abilities
- Adherence to the Club’s values & standards of professionalism;
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated success fundraising and managing a fundraising team;
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, and alter strategic advancement plans;
- Exceptional listening skills;
- Effective presentation skills;
- Responsible and tactful handling of confidential information;
- Competent intermediate user of office technology and information systems (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably Salesforce;
- Confident user of an effective “moves management” system.
- Permanent, full time position;
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday;
- Salary and benefits according to the Club’s policy;
- Work location: 240 Richmond St (downtown Toronto);
- Occasional national traveling required;
- Occasional weekend and evening work when required;
- Start date: March 30th, 2020;
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.