Statut: Permanent, Full time
Location: Boucherville, QC
Experience: 10+ yrs
Breakfast Club of Canada makes sure that children receive two elements required for growth and learning: a nutritious breakfast and an environment that fosters self-esteem.
Reporting to the General Manager and as a key member of the Executive Committee, the Director, Finance is tasked first and foremost with managing and guiding a team of professionals to prepare budgets and financial reports on an timely and accurate basis.
You must also ensure the integrity of internal control structures and keep the Board updated on the Club’s financial operations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strategic CPA and senior finance professional, ideally in the not-for-profit sector. You will demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communications skill in both official languages. You will be passionate about the Club’s core values, vision and mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Determine strategic and tactical priorities for the Finance function.
- Manage the preparation and reporting of annual budgets and budget forecasts;
- Ensure the cost-efficiency and growth of the organization’s operations;
- Contribute to strategic planning and the Club’s vision and mission;
- Manage and coach a team of finance professionals;
- Prepare strategic recommendations for the General Manager and the Executive Committee;
- Provide effective written and oral presentations to the Board;
- Prepare and analyze government grant applications;
- Effective management of the government grant administration process;
- Ensure that the Club’s operations comply with Imagine Canada accreditation standards;
- Carefully monitor planned gifts and deferred income;
- Manage and review contract negotiations;
- Establish and strengthen ties with senior management team and external partners;
- Review and update all policies and procedures that have a financial impact;
- Responsible for ensuring financial performance standards are met;
- Determine business requirements for IT systems;
- Provide ongoing financial analysis for the Club that assists management in enhancing operations;
- Identify, manage, communicate and manage organization-wide risks
- Maintain a strong internal control environment to protect the assets of the Club and set a positive ‘Tone at the Top’.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business administration or a related field;
- CPA designation;
- MBA or another master’s degree, an asset;
- 10 or more years of experience in a similar position;
- Fluency in both French and English;
- Proven leadership acumen;
- Experience in staff supervision;
- Experience in financial practices within a foundation or non-profit organization, an asset;
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset and strong prioritization skills;
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing;
- Keen sense of ethics and professional integrity;
- Self-motivated go-getter with excellent judgment;
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office suite, with advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of Business Central, Dynamics GP and ProDon accounting programs, an asset;
- Knowledge of Salesforces CRM software, an asset.
- Permanent, full-time position;
- Position will be based out in the Boucherville head office (working partly from home while COVID-19 restrictions are in place);
- Candidate must pass a background check.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.