Status: Permanent, full time
Area: Boucherville, QC
Experience: 5 to 7 yrs
INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire a Purchasing and Supply Advisor to optimize the use and distribution of foodstuffs, material resources and monetary donations in connection with the organization’s breakfast programs. The selected candidate will also analyze opportunities and negotiate agreements with current and future partners. The Purchasing and Supply Advisor will report to the Supply, Inventory and Logistics Manager.
More specifically, the selected candidate will:
- Analyze proposals and negotiate terms with partners;
- Determine the organization’s needs in terms of material resources and foodstuffs required for breakfast programs;
- Maintain communication with the warehouse and manage donation-related logistics with partners;
- Control the inventory of materials, supplies and equipment for breakfast programs;
- Ensure order-related activities (to be revamped) and product purchases proceed smoothly;
- Prepare the budget in collaboration with the supervisor;
- Keep tabs on potential procurement opportunities in the market;
- Carry out other related tasks with the goal of fulfilling the Club’s mission.
- Subscribes to the Club’s values (children first, passion, empowerment, leadership and transparency);
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Customer service mindset;
- Keen sense of planning and organization;
- Resourceful and analytical;
- Ability to work in a team and with a wide range of stakeholders.
- College diploma (DCS) in procurement or another related field;
- Five to seven years of experience in procurement or any other relevant experience;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Proficiency in Office suite applications;
- Knowledge of SIGM software, an asset;
- Experience in the food distribution industry (an asset)
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector, an asset;
- The selected candidate will work out of the Boucherville office;
- Must pass a police check.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.