BCC is currently seeking a Major Gifts and Planned Giving Lead to join our growing Philanthropy team. Reporting to the National Director, Philanthropy, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing this new role and leading the creation of strategies that will encourage individuals with a passion for nourishing children’s full potential across Canada to make Breakfast Club of Canada their first choice for philanthropic and legacy giving. This will be a key role in planning and implementing various leading-edge prospecting, awareness, solicitation, retention and recognition approaches that target current and prospective individual donors with the potential for major or legacy giving.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Donor development and solicitation:
- Prospect individual donors (identify and qualify potential donors) and devise personalized donor acquisition strategies.
- Oversee the creation and production of information and communications tools for major individual donors.
- Implement personalized retention strategies and deepen relationships with existing individual donors to follow up on pledges and renew yearly commitments.
- Help develop and plan recognition and retention activities for major and legacy donors.
- Represent the organization at events and conferences.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and emerging trends in philanthropy.
- Work with the Senior Relationship Marketing Advisor to ensure pledges are honoured, and check that all the required information is accurate and complete; draft agreements based on the terms approved by the donor and in accordance with applicable BCC policies.
- Regularly update the major and planned gift database.
- Provide reports and analyses to help to ensure the effective management of planned gifts and partnerships.
- Work with the Finance team to develop, revise and document the processes involved in various giving vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or a related discipline.
- Five to seven years of experience in a field relevant to the position.
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English.
- Knowledge of tax and estate planning strategies.
- Experience in developing and implementing major and planned giving strategies, along with a knowledge of gifts of securities and life insurance, charitable bequests and in-kind gifts, an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms, an asset.
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals or another relevant professional association or order, an asset.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Keen customer service focus.
- High-level persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Empathic and good listener.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative abilities.
- Resourceful self-starter with an analytical mindset.
- Highly organized and versatile.
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours.
- Professional development.
- Personal leave days.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP with employer matching contributions.
- Employee assistance program.
- Must pass a background check.
- The successful candidate will be based in a major city in Canada.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your resume and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.