Breakfast Club of Canada is currently looking to hire a Programs Coordinator in Western Canada. Reporting to the Programs Advisor, the Coordinator will work closely with schools, school boards, and community partners to help them achieve high quality breakfast programs, specifically as it pertains to program management, healthy and culturally appropriate meal preparation, nutritional education, and positive socialization. The successful candidate will also work to engage the community in the Club and its mission by leveraging local social assets.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Coordinate the various steps involved in starting and running school breakfast programs
- Collaborate with schools, communities and regional/local organizations to improve proximity and local capacity in food security, nutrition, student engagement, and program management through ongoing support, in-person visits/training sessions and collaborative partnerships
- Develop and implement projects to improve food security and food access for schools and communities
- Review programs’ performance and ensure quality standards are upheld
- Encourage schools to engage children and youth and get the community involved in a variety of ways
- Keep watch over relevant community activity and stakeholders
- Represent the Club at regional meetings and consultations
- Play a proactive role in collaborative projects
- Carry out various administrative tasks.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in nutrition, social work, education or another related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will be considered
- Is familiar with issues related to food security, healthy eating and/or social development
- Project management skills
- Experience working with Indigenous communities (an asset)
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector (an asset)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database experience
- Effective facilitation and presentation techniques
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle
- Proficient in English, written and spoken, French knowledge, an asset.
- Subscribes to the Club’s values
- Ability to train others
- Keen planning, priorities and organizational skills
- Resourceful and aptitude for problem-solving
- Positive and proactive
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various groups of people
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team and with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible schedule throughout the year
- Summer hours
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and personal leave days
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Employee recognition program
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Professional development
- Must pass a background check
- The selected candidate will be based at the Vancouver office with a hybrid telework arrangement, or will work remotely in Western Canada (teleworking) with easy access to a major airport.
- Target start date: as soon as possible.
Please email your resume and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.