Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for a Corporate Communications and Public Relations Advisor, to contribute to the organization’s Canada-wide growth. Reporting to the Corporate Communications and Public Relations Senior Advisor, the incumbent will develop and implement communications plans to raise the organization’s profile with various audiences (partners, media, board members, donors, ambassadors, employees, etc.).
They will also play a key role on the Communications-Marketing team and work closely with the Philanthropy, Government Relations and Programs teams. The selected candidate must be perfectly fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Contribute to the drafting, production, distribution and updates of various communications tools in English and French (blog articles, activity reports, press releases, key messages, speeches, social media posts, etc.).
- Contribute to the drafting, planning, production and distribution of internal and external newsletters.
- Edit and review various internal and external documents.
- Monitor media coverage on a daily basis and prepare media summaries.
- Suggest timely content ideas.
- Update the database of journalists and contributors on an ongoing basis.
- Interact with media contacts and prepare spokespeople.
- Produce post-campaign impact reports.
Planning and advisory:
- Contribute to planning and executing the annual communications plan.
- Support the team in preparing and implementing communications plans for specific initiatives.
- Ensure key messages and the organization’s values are conveyed clearly to external and internal audiences.
- Advise various stakeholders on content and communications tools.
- Strategically monitor the organization’s communications and marketing efforts to ensure consistency and quality.
- Work with partners on various projects (video shoots, events, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of communications experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English.
- Extensive experience and skill in writing for various communications platforms.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing and proofreading.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in the social enterprise, non-profit or philanthropy sector, an asset.
- Commitment to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Excellent relational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of professionalism and political acumen.
- Team player with a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Knack for setting and managing priorities.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to change.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Discipline and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and a high level of initiative.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible hours
- Summer hours
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and personal leave days
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee health and wellness program
- Professional development
- The successful candidate will work remotely from a major city in Canada
- Target start date: As soon as possible
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.