Breakfast Club of Canada (BCC) is looking for a Corporate & Community Giving Advisor. Reporting to the Corporate & Community Giving Lead – Quebec, the selected candidate will be in charge of developing and expanding corporate partnerships, providing support for major partner-driven campaigns in Quebec and assisting the sales committees set up for BCC’s signature events. The Advisor will also work closely with the Philanthropy and Communications & Marketing teams.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning work tasks, achieving established goals and liaising with partners so as to foster long-term, win-win relationships. To succeed, they will need a team mindset, creativity, a nuanced understanding of corporate social responsibility matters, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Actively seek out and develop new partnerships, targeting various opportunities involving corporate partners.
- Develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with current partners and harness the potential of each partnership.
- Provide oversight of the rollout of BCC’s major campaigns in Quebec, and manage partner relationships to ensure their satisfaction, working in collaboration with the Philanthropy team.
- Identify partners’ needs for acknowledgement and visibility in order to negotiate mutually beneficial partnership terms.
- Support the team in setting up sales committees and securing sponsors for BCC’s signature events.
- Take part in events likely to result in sustainable business relationships.
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices in philanthropy and share this expertise with the team.
- Help create presentations for corporate partners.
- Update the Salesforce database on an ongoing basis, and contribute to preparing project briefs.
- Carry out other tasks as necessary to keep team projects running smoothly.
- University degree in business administration, marketing or philanthropic development, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Proven expertise in philanthropic development.
- Knowledge of business development strategies and techniques.
- Advanced skills in sales and negotiation.
- Knowledge of the charitable sector, an asset.
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours to help with events (evenings and weekends).
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Political acumen and excellent judgment.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Autonomy, ability to work proactively and be resourceful.
- Strong priority and time management skills.
- Highly organized.
- Adaptable, flexible and agile.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible schedule throughout the year
- Summer hours
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and personal leave days
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Employee recognition program
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Professional development opportunities
- Must pass a background check
- The selected candidate will be based at the head office in Boucherville, Quebec, with a hybrid telework arrangement
- Target start date: As soon as possible
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.