Breakfast Club of Canada (BCC) is looking to hire a Corporate & Community Giving Lead for Ontario and Atlantic regions to join our growing National Philanthropy team. Reporting to the National Director of Philanthropy, the successful candidate will be responsible for building philanthropic support from corporate, foundation and community-based prospects and donors while leveraging these relationships to maximize giving. This person is also responsible for managing and mentoring the philanthropy team in their geographic region, while working collaboratively with colleagues across the wider National Philanthropy team and with colleagues across the organization.
As a fund development generalist, our ideal candidate will have experience working with corporate donors to maximize giving through donations, sponsorship, and employee engagement, as well as experience building community engagement through foundations, third party and peer-to-peer opportunities. Experience with individual giving would be an asset, as would experience in team management.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Build and strengthen corporate and community support to BCC by increasing funding from current donors and engaging support from new donors through corporate, community and foundation giving.
- Participate in gift agreement negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance to members of the philanthropy team within Ontario Region.
- Work collaboratively with philanthropy team colleagues across Canada to share ideas and to ensure all giving opportunities will reach their fullest potential.
- Act as committee lead for BCC events within your region.
- Participate as a member of various internal committees as required.
- Provide regular updates and reports as requested to the National Director of Philanthropy and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support as requested to the National Director of Philanthropy.
- Ensure accuracy of donor records in the database.
- Relevant post secondary education.
- A minimum of five years experience working within a charitable organization in a fundraising capacity.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken, French knowledge, an asset.
- Solid understanding of prospect movement from identification to stewardship
- Understanding of CRA rules as they relate to charitable giving.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms.
- Membership in AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals), an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle as some travel may be required, provincially and nationally.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Donor centric focus.
- Active listener.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative abilities.
- Resourceful self-starter with an analytical mindset.
- Highly organized and versatile.
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Personal leave days.
- Paid leave on our birthday.
- Group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP with employer matching the contributions.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Professional development.
- Must pass a background check.
- The selected candidate will be based in a major city in Ontario and will work remotely.
- Target start date: as soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.