Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for a Director, Communications and Marketing, to contribute actively to the organization’s mission, engage the community in support of its work and help feed even more children across the country.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will play a key strategic and operational role, leading various communications and marketing initiatives in collaboration with internal teams and external partners. In this capacity, they will specifically oversee BCC’s corporate communications, public campaigns, relational marketing and fundraising events.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Management and planning
- Manage team members with an emphasis on collaboration, wellness and professional development.
- Help develop, implement and achieve objectives consistent with the organization’s strategic planning goals and ensure team engagement.
- Draw up the departmental action plan in collaboration with the team; ensure its implementation and oversee the delivery of priority projects.
- Manage and control the departmental budget.
- Identify KPIs for the team; help develop dashboards and produce post-campaign reports.
- Liaise with external agencies.
- Serve on BCC’s executive committee and risk management committee.
Communications and public relations
- Develop and implement multiplatform communications plans aligned with the organization’s broader goals.
- Provide advice to stakeholders across the organization with regard to preferred integrated communications solutions, in collaboration with the team.
- Manage media relations.
- Maintain and expand a Canada-wide network of ambassadors, in collaboration with the team.
- Contribute to government affairs activities.
- Help build the employer brand and implement employee engagement strategies, working closely with Human Resources.
- Oversee the production of various types of content (key messages, activity reports, impact reports, social media posts, speeches, etc.).
- Analyze the media monitoring results and the organization’s environment to constantly fine-tune BCC’s positioning and reputation.
- Supervise all public fundraising campaigns, including digital strategic planning and rollout.
- Develop and deploy marketing strategies to promote donor retention and increase donation revenue.
- Ensure a consistent donor experience across multiple touchpoints (social media, website, newsletters, etc.).
- Oversee the rollout and implementation of campaigns designed to raise BCC’s Canada-wide profile and visibility.
- Supervise relational marketing strategies aimed at increasing donation revenue and the number of one-time and monthly donors.
- Implement strategies to identify high-potential donors, working closely with the Philanthropy team.
- Supervise the production of content for newsletters sent to individual and corporate subscribers.
- Oversee direct marketing initiatives and strategies (mailout campaigns, etc.).
- Ensure all content is aligned with the annual communications and marketing plans.
- Oversee the implementation of segment-based automation strategies and engagement plans.
- Supervise the development and alignment of fundraising events (golf tournament, Déjeuner des Grands, Fat Bike Challenge, etc.).
- Help secure event sponsors and reach out to potential partners, working with internal teams; oversee the preparation of sponsor visibility packages.
- Develop and maintain positive, lasting relationships with partners and suppliers.
- Identify opportunities to develop new fundraisers in markets across Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline.
- Ten years of experience in a role with similar responsibilities, including five or more years of team management experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint and other online collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated marketing communications.
- Proven relational marketing and digital marketing skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with philanthropy and best practices in the charitable sector.
- Commitment to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Engaged leadership style with a focus on team empowerment.
- Strong listening and empathy skills.
- Political acumen and ability to articulate, channel and champion ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Creativity and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible hours
- Summer hours
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and personal leave days
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee health and wellness program
- Professional development
- The successful candidate will be based at the head office in Boucherville, Quebec, with a hybrid telework arrangement
- Target start date: As soon as possible
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.