By LAU À LA BOUFFE
BSC Nutrition // ITHQ DVS CUISINE
Store-bought granola is often expensive and high in sugar. Try this recipe instead to make a seasonal topping for your yogurt and smoothies.
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 3 cups oats
- ¾ cup almonds
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup quinoa (dry)
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chocolate chunks (85% dark)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except the toppings and spread out on the pan.
- Bake on the middle rack for 45 minutes to an hour. Check the granola regularly, since cooking time will vary by oven.
- Once the granola is cooked and cooled, mix in the toppings.
Delicious and nutritious!
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 8 g
Protein: 2 g
Calories: 67 (per tablespoon)
TIP FROM LAU
Jars of this granola make a great gift for family and friends.