Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing services and funding to school breakfast programs across the country. We work with partners from all sectors to deliver a high-quality national school food program. Together, we create a nurturing environment, where children and youth can access the nourishment they need to succeed and flourish. Our organization has grown tremendously over the years, but our desire to see children thrive has remained constant.
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for a Programs Coordinator for the Outaouais region of Quebec. Reporting to the Programs Advisor, the selected candidate will work closely with schools and community partners to set up high-quality breakfast programs, ensuring students get a healthy, complete breakfast every school day. They will also help enlist support for the Club and its mission at the local level by building relationships with the community.
- Coordinate the various steps involved in starting and running school breakfast programs.
- Provide the required training for setting up breakfast programs and offer ongoing support in line with the challenges faced by each program.
- Conduct regular school visits to check that programs are running smoothly and food safety and hygiene standards are being followed.
- Support the schools in ensuring that their breakfast programs promote youth engagement, nutritional education and sustainable development.
- Coordinate various annual program operations tasks, such as adjusting orders and analyzing reports and the necessary funding for each school, and liaise with school contacts.
- Represent the Club at local meetings and consultations and take a leadership role in collaborative projects, building relationships with key stakeholders in the region.
- Help with program-related initiatives led by other Club departments (philanthropy, communications and marketing, government relations, etc.), including by facilitating school visits for donors.
- Carry out assorted administrative tasks and keep the database up to date.
- College or vocational diploma or certificate in a relevant field (social sciences, nutrition, education, etc.).
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with database experience.
- Project coordination skills.
- Familiar with issues related to food security, healthy eating and/or social development.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities, an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, as frequent travel to schools early in the morning will be required.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Ability to train others.
- Talent for planning, prioritization and organization.
- Versatility, resourcefulness and sense of initiative.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various groups of people.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and as part of a team, as well as with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Permanent, full-time position (Monday to Friday).
- Flexible hours to promote work-life balance.
- Summer work schedule.
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation and personal leave days.
- Paid day off on your birthday.
- Group insurance plan.
- Access to telemedicine services.
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions.
- Employee assistance program.
- Employee recognition program.
- Health and wellness program.
- Professional development program.
- Based in the Outaouais region of Quebec, with a telework arrangement.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.