Status: Full time, permanent
Location: Telecommuting near an airport located in the provinces of Saskatchewan or Alberta
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Since 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada has been nourishing children’s potential by making sure as many of them as possible have access to a healthy morning meal before school, in an environment that allows their self-esteem to grow and flourish. The Club provides much more than breakfast: its approach is based on commitment, self-esteem and capacity development in an optimal formula adapted to local needs.
Reporting directly to the Programs Advisor, the chosen candidate will be responsible for: supporting schools and regional partners, building capacity in schools and communities through in-person training sessions, developing, and implementing projects to improve food security and access for communities and building proximity across the assigned territory. This person will develop and execute initiatives to improve the quality of support provided by the Club to partners, as well as develop new and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders in the assigned territory.
Please note that Breakfast Club of Canada supports employment equity, and we encourage applications from all people with the skills mentioned in the posting to apply for this position.
- Build and maintain relationships within school communities to run quality breakfast programming and maximize impact.
- Support and visit on a regular basis schools and regional partners in their breakfast program needs and training activities.
- Develop, track, and report on KPIs regarding service levels and local impact.
- Coordinate new school openings; needs’ assessment, equipment orders, food donations, etc.
- Facilitate the initiatives of other Club departments that involve programs (Dev-Mark-Comm, Govt, Impact & Sustainability).
- Coordinate and be responsible for corporate volunteering opportunities in schools.
- Support colleagues to enhance relationships within school communities and facilitate collaboration between schools and relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the smooth functioning of the team.
- Undergraduate University degree in Social Sciences, Nutrition, Community Development, Education or another related field.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken. French an asset.
- Experience working with communities in Canada or in the not-for-profit sector.
- Strong cultural competency and cultural mediation skills.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with various groups of people.
- Keen organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead projects when necessary.
- Research and development skills, as well as interest and/or experience in food system logistics, food security and nutrition.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Photography/video and writing skills.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and initiative.
- Full-time, permanent position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Telecommuting near an airport located in the provinces of Saskatchewan or Alberta.
- Frequent travel required.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours.
- Professional development.
- Personal leave days.
- Group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP with employer matching contributions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Must pass a background check.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org before April 20th.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.