Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada (BCC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing services and funding to school breakfast programs across the country. We work with partners from all sectors to deliver a high-quality national school food program. Together, we create a nurturing environment, where children and youth can access the nourishment they need to succeed and flourish. Our organization has grown tremendously over the years, but our desire to see children thrive has remained constant.
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for a Senior Corporate and Community Giving Advisor. Reporting to the Corporate and Community Giving Lead – Western Canada, the selected candidate will have experience in working across multiple internal stakeholder teams. The Advisor will be in charge of developing and expanding corporate partnerships and providing support for partner-driven campaigns and philanthropic activities in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The Advisor will be responsible for planning work tasks, achieving established goals and liaising with partners to foster long-term, win-win relationships. To succeed, they will need a team mindset, creativity, a nuanced understanding of corporate social responsibility matters, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Actively seek out and develop new partnerships, targeting various opportunities involving corporate and community partners.
- Develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with current partners and harness the potential of each partnership.
- Participate in gift agreement negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support and/or oversight for BCC’s philanthropic campaigns and initiatives in Western Canada, and manage partner relationships to ensure their satisfaction, working in collaboration with the Philanthropy team.
- Identify partners’ needs for acknowledgement and visibility in order to negotiate mutually beneficial partnership terms.
- Secure sponsorships for BCC signature events, and support and coordinate related committees and working groups.
- Support national campaign and sponsorship activations as needed.
- Take part in events likely to result in sustainable business relationships.
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices in philanthropy and share this expertise with the team.
- Create and deliver presentations for corporate partners.
- Update the Salesforce database on an ongoing basis, and contribute to preparing project briefs.
- Carry out other tasks as necessary to keep team projects running smoothly.
- Deliver excellence in donor relations to maximize revenue gained from partnerships.
- University degree in business administration, marketing or philanthropic development, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Proven expertise in philanthropic development.
- Knowledge of business development strategies and techniques.
- Advanced skills in sales and negotiation.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of French, an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours to help with events (evenings and weekends).
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Political acumen and excellent judgment.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Autonomy, ability to work proactively and be resourceful.
- Strong priority and time management skills.
- Highly organized.
- Adaptable, flexible and agile.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Flexible schedule throughout the year.
- Summer hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Vacation and personal leave days.
- Paid day off on your birthday.
- Employee recognition program.
- Group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions.
- Employee assistance program.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Must pass a background check.
- The selected candidate will be based in or near the Calgary area, with a remote telework arrangement.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.