Whether it’s the bright pink colour or the sweet taste, this hummus is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. What’s more, it’s an excellent way of working some extra vegetable protein into your menu. The recipe was developed by our very own Rebecca Sly, a program coordinator here at Breakfast Club of Canada.
- 5 oz. (150 g) cooked beetroot (approximately 2 medium-sized beets)
- 1 can (19 oz./540 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) vegetable oil of your choosing
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Ideal served with veggie sticks, but can also be spread over flatbread, regular bread or toast.