Breakfast Club of Canada is currently looking to hire a Programs Coordinator in the Montreal area. Reporting to the Programs Support Advisor, the Programs Coordinator will work closely with schools and community partners to help them achieve high quality breakfast programs, specifically as it pertains to program management, healthy and culturally appropriate meal preparation, nutritional education and positive socialization.
The selected candidate will be dynamic, bilingual, self-motivated, resourceful, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. He/She will also work to engage the community in the Club and its mission by leveraging local social assets. This person will have the opportunity to participate in the growth of the Club and work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Coordinate the various steps involved in starting and running school breakfast programs.
- Provide the required training for setting up breakfast programs and offer ongoing support in line with the challenges met by each program.
- Review programs’ performance and ensure quality standards are upheld.
- Encourage schools to engage children and youth and get the community involved in a variety of ways.
- Keep watch over relevant community activity.
- Represent the Club at regional meetings and consultations.
- Play a proactive role in collaborative projects.
- Carry out various administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, social work, education or another related field.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken, both in French and English (a must).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, plus database experience.
- Project management skills.
- Effective facilitation and presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector (an asset).
- Subscribes to the Club’s values (children above all, community, integrity, energy).
- Is familiar with issues related to food security, healthy eating and/or social development.
- Ability to train others.
- Keen planning and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team and with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various groups of people.
- Positive, proactive and constructive attitude.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Professional development.
- Personal leave days.
- Paid leave on our birthday.
- Group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP with employer matching the contributions.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Must pass a background check.
- Target start date: as soon as possible.
- The selected candidate will be based at the head office in Boucherville, Quebec with a hybrid telework arrangement.
Please email your resume and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.