Photo : Martie A Cooking ማርቲ ኤ, Pinterest
Dive into genfo, a hearty porridge made from barley, wheat and corn flour. It’s a traditional morning dish from Ethiopia that warms the body and comforts the soul.
- 1 c. (250 ml) wheat flour
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) cardamom
- 2 c. (500 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) berbere (Ethiopian spice blend)
- Add the cardamom to the flour and mix well.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat and add the flour mix gradually, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming, until a consistent mixture forms.
- Transfer the genfo to a medium-sized bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Warm the oil and mix in the berbere. Pour the mixture into the well in the middle of the genfo. Serve while still hot.