“Out of this World” Oatmeal Pancakes
by Noelle Martin from Motherhood and Meals
Enjoy with your favourite fruit, yogurt, nut butter and/or maple syrup. Delish!
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15–25 minutes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ c. (75 mL) applesauce
- 1 c. (250 mL) milk
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 c. (250 mL) oats
- 1 c. (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Mash the banana. Peel the banana and place it into your mixing bowl. Then use a fork to mash it down.
- Mix the wet ingredients. Add egg, applesauce, milk, syrup and vanilla to the bowl the mashed banana is in. Stir until all ingredients are blended together.
- Add the dry ingredients. Add oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir until they are blended but try to not overmix.
- Cook the pancakes. Pour ⅓ c. (75 mL) batter into a prepared frying pan and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Once the first side is cooked, flip over with a spatula. Cook the second side for an additional 3–5 minutes. Move to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter. If you have a large pan you can cook more than one pancake at once.
Thank you to our collaborator for this delicious recipe!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!