Zesty Lemon Dip
A sneak peek at some of the healthy, varied recipes prepared by more than 3,000 breakfast programs across the country, all of which meet the recommendations of Canada’s Food Guide.
Creamy and lemony, this dip adds a fresh note to your dishes, perfect for the summer season!
Serves: ~1 cup | Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour, lemon peel and salt.
- Continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add milk and lemon juice and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thick.
Help Breakfast Club of Canada and our partners make a difference in the lives of even more children. Give today!
For more healthy, tastebud-tantalizing recipes, check out the Club’s new cookbook!