Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire an IT Technician. Reporting to the Director, Operations and Technology, the selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to users in order to resolve their IT problems. They will also contribute to various process improvement and digital transformation projects within the organization. In so doing, they will contribute to BCC’s growth, working within a positive, team-oriented environment.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Answer users’ support-related questions on site or remotely.
- Manage relationships with providers and technical support subcontractors.
- Manage the ticketing system to process requests based on established priority.
- Escalate more complex issues.
- Diagnose problems and take the necessary action to fix them.
- Document problems and the corresponding solutions.
- Develop procedures and ensure compliance with IT policies.
- Install, configure and maintain workstations, software, printers, mobile and landline phones, and other peripherals.
- Install, configure and provide support for operating systems and software.
- Administer user accounts (activate and deactivate Active Directory accounts and emails).
- Carry out IT asset management tasks (acquisition, reception, storage, etc.).
- Help execute various IT projects: migration to Azure, relocation of servers, setup of new telephone system, etc.
- College/vocational diploma or attestation (DCS/DEC, DVS/DEP or ACS/AEC).
- Up to one year of experience in a similar position.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft 365 environment (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Server.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices, an asset.
- Experience with ticketing systems or equivalent, an asset.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Customer service mindset.
- Good communication skills and ability to explain issues to users in easy-to-understand terms.
- Knack for providing clear oral and written instructions to users and helping them solve problems through remote computer access.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Personal leave days.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP with employer matching contributions.
- Employee assistance program.
- Professional development.
- Must pass a background check.
- Workplace: Based at the head office in Boucherville, Quebec, with a hybrid telework arrangement.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.