Breakfast Club of Canada (BCC) is looking to hire a Senior Advisor, Corporate & Community Giving based in Ontario to join our growing National Philanthropy team. Reporting to the Corporate & Community Giving Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for building philanthropic support from new corporate, foundation and community-based prospects and current donors while leveraging these relationships to maximize giving.
As a fund development generalist, our ideal candidate will have experience working with corporate donors to maximize giving through donations, sponsorship, and employee engagement, as well as experience building community engagement through foundations, third party and peer-to-peer opportunities.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Build and strengthen corporate and community support to BCC by increasing funding from current donors and engaging support from new donors through corporate, community and foundation giving.
- Participate in gift agreement negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with philanthropy team colleagues across Canada to share ideas and to ensure all giving opportunities will reach their fullest potential.
- Participate in various local signature event committees as requested by the Corporate & Community Giving Director.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional internal teams as required.
- Provide support, updates and reports as requested to the Corporate & Community Giving Director, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy of donor records in the database.
- Relevant post secondary education.
- A minimum of three years experience working within a charitable organization in a fundraising capacity.
- Solid understanding of prospect movement from identification to stewardship.
- Understanding of CRA rules as they relate to charitable giving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms.
- Membership in AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals), an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle as some travel may be required, provincially and nationally.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken, French knowledge, an asset.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values.
- Donor centric focus.
- Active listener.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative abilities.
- Resourceful self-starter with an analytical mindset.
- Highly organized and versatile.
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible schedule throughout the year
- Summer hours
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and personal leave days
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP with matching employer contributions
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee recognition program
- Professional development
- Reimbursement of professional dues required for employment
- Must pass a background check
- The selected candidate will be based in a major city in Ontario and will work remotely
- Target start date: As soon as possible
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.