Joining Forces to Reach Out to Even More Kids
Montreal, Tuesday, April 30, 2019 – The result of the collaborative efforts of co-chairs Isabelle Lafont and Véronique Arsenault, Breakfast Club of Canada’s Next Generation Committee officially kicked off its operations this week. Sitting on the Committee are six professionals committed to contributing to the Club’s mission of giving children an equal chance to succeed in life. To achieve this goal, the Next Generation Committee will contribute to the Club’s existing fundraisers and introduce new activities, while helping to further strengthen the network of corporate support for the life-changing work done by the organization.
- The six members of the Next Generation Committee are:
- Véronique Arsenault, President and Founder, Exponentiel Conseil
- Isabelle Lafont, Business Development Officer, Verger St-Paul Inc.
- Christine Barcelo, Director, Rachelle-Béry Marché Barcelo
- Marie-Catherine Girouard, Commercial Legal Counsel, Aimia Canada Inc.
- Radosveta Ilieva, Senior Advisor in Enterprise Risk Management, Loto-Québec
- Marc-Olivier Paquet, Head of Finance, Reflector Entertainment.
- The Committee’s first assignment will be to help promote the next generation brunch to be held during the Club’s annual golf tournament on June 3.
- The committee selection process also gave the Club an opportunity to connect with promising new contacts who will serve to expand the organization’s circle of supporters.
“There are still too many people out there who don’t realize the sheer number of children who rely on organizations like Breakfast Club of Canada. I truly believe that, by raising awareness about the Club and its vital mission, we will create a groundswell of support and inspire the business community to get involved and make a real difference for children in need.” — Christine Barcelo, Director, Rachelle Béry Marché Barcelo
“I think this is one of the most heartwarming causes there is in Quebec. And I noticed when I first started thinking about getting involved that the legal community, of which I am a proud member, is underrepresented among Club partners. I plan to leverage my own network of contacts to help diversify this support.”
— Marie-Catherine Girouard, Commercial Legal Counsel, Air Canada
About Breakfast Club of Canada
Breakfast Club of Canada is a charitable organization that provides funding, equipment, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. The Club is dedicated to ensuring every child starts their day with a nutritious morning meal, in a safe and secure environment. Founded in Quebec in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is present in 1,640 schools from coast to coast feeding over 220,000 children every school morning. To learn more visit breakfastclubcanada.org or find us on social media.
– 30 –
For more information:
Communications Advisor, Public Relations
Breakfast Club of Canada