Breakfast programs ensure that all students have reliable access to nutritious food in a safe and supportive environment, in order to positively impact health and learning.
Adaptived to School’s Realities
Solutions for Diverse Needs
- Create nutritious, varied and culturally adapted menus in line with Canada’s Food Guide.
- Serve hot or cold menus in the dining area or classroom, according to each school’s preferences.
Adapted to Community Realities
- Build community capacity through training, skill sharing and food procurement strategies.
- Encourage dialogue. In collaboration with Breakfast Club staff, about traditional foods and incorporating local products in menus.
- Establish discounts on food prices due to local partnerships.
- Improve access to nutrition through regional bulk-buying groups and centralized storage facilities.