Status: Temporary (3 weeks)
Salary: $20/h + millage or gas reimbursement and car rental costs
Dates: between Sept 28th and Oct 23rd
Area: different locations
Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a charitable organization that provides funding, equipment, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. The Club is dedicated to ensuring every child starts their day with a nutritious morning meal, in a safe and secure environment.
Every year, Walmart stores host a national fundraising campaign to raise funds for hungry children across Canada. Walmart clients can choose to contribute to feeding children by adding a donation amount to their total bill.
Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire a Campaign Support Team Member known for their communication and interpersonal skills. Their duties will involve visiting and stewarding Walmart stores in specific areas and supporting managers and employees in creating a favourable fundraising environment for Walmart clients.
Area and open positions:
- 2 in Ontario (1 for western Ontario (London area) and 1 for Eastern Ontario (Ottawa area)
- 3 Quebec (2 for the Montreal area, 1 for Quebec City area)
- 1 Atlantic (Halifax)
- 2 British Columbia (1 for Vancouver area, 1 for either Island or Interior)
- 1 Manitoba (Winnipeg area)
- 1 Saskatchewan (Saskatoon area or Regina area)
- Visit and steward a minimum of Walmart stores during the specified period of time.
- Report results daily.
- Quickly assess challenges and opportunities in locations upon arrival in various locations.
- Express local impact and share BCC and local school information with store and warehouse staff.
- Suggest additional fundraising ideas to Walmart associates and Costco employees.
- Take pictures of highly visible campaigns and share with your BCC contact.
- Motivate associates to raise more funds for BCC.
- 35 hours/week for 3 weeks.
- Weekdays before 5pm.
- Valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle or be able to rent a vehicle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with the public.
- Basic knowledge of the not-for-profit sector.
- Ability to learn and communicate the benefits of partnership with BCC.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to encourage and engage in constructive dialogue with stakeholders.
- Geographically savvy with a strong knowledge of the local area who is able to create an efficient schedule to visit multiple locations.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.