Status: Permanent, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC or Telecommuting from another Canadian urban area
Experience: min 3 years
Founded in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada is a charitable organization that provides funding, equipment, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the Club is dedicated to ensuring every child starts their day with a nutritious morning meal, in a safe and secure environment. The Club provides much more than breakfast: its approach is based on commitment, self-esteem and capacity development in an optimal formula adapted to local needs.
We are looking to hire two driven, resourceful and organized Programs Technicians with excellent problem-solving and communication skills to support the Programs team in many aspects of the smooth operation of the department and in setting up and supporting high-quality school breakfast programs.
Reporting to the Programs Advisor, the Technicians will work closely with the Programs team, schools, and other stakeholders in the various steps of opening and maintaining programs. The Technicians will mainly be responsible for technical, logistical and administration support, data analysis, and will contribute towards collaborative initiatives to ensure the high quality of operations and breakfast programs across Canada.
More specifically, the selected candidates will:
- Facilitate and provide logistical and organizational support to a variety of internal and external stakeholders (reporting, equipment ordering, vouchers, grants, food access, etc.);
- Update and maintain quality internal and external tools, resources, procedures and processes;
- Support data collection and analysis. Ensure the maintenance of database, data integrity and waitlist. Generate, distribute, and process agreements;
- Contribute to maintenance of departmental communication tools, documents structure and calendar;
- Work with Programs staff to coordinate various collaborative and structuring projects (food access, community engagement, nutrition, etc.);
- Support Programs management in the production of clear and quality reports (quantitative and qualitative data, budget, etc.);
- Collect and aggregate testimonials, develop story-telling content and contribute to newsletter and social media content in collaboration with other Club departments;
- Facilitate activities involving breakfast programs (volunteering, visits, media, etc.);
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the smooth functioning of the team.
- Post-secondary diploma in administration or other related field;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Proficient in English, written and spoken. French an asset;
- Proficient in Excel and advance knowledge of MS Office Applications;
- Extensive experience working with database;
- Graphic Design skills an asset;
- Must pass a background check;
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Subscribes to the Club’s values (children first, passion, empowerment, leadership and transparency);
- Keen organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage priorities and work on various projects simultaneously while meeting established deadlines;
- Attention to details and organized;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders;
- Research and development skills;
- Project management abilities;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Autonomous and flexibility;
- Is familiar with issues related to food security, healthy eating and/or social development.
- Permanent, full-time position;
- Work location: based out of the Vancouver, BC office (working partly from home while COVID-19 restrictions are in place). Telecommuting from another Canadian urban area may also be possible;
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday;
- Start date: as soon as possible.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.