Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire a Government Relations and Public Affairs Advisor, to contribute to the organization’s growth. Reporting to the Vice-President, Government Affairs, Quebec, and Municipal Affairs, the incumbent will help grow and expand BCC’s influence and impact in its dealings with the Quebec government as well as with municipalities, community groups and other local partners and stakeholders.
Breakfast Club of Canada promotes employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- Analyze the broader context to identify relevant issues and factors, as well as the positions of various entities and interest groups to take into account in communications operations, and put forward proposed courses of action
- Monitor political and government developments as well as select parliamentary initiatives in the Quebec National Assembly
- Scan newswires and social media feeds
- Compile press clippings
- Draft various communications pieces (letters, press releases, newsletters, presentations, etc.)
- Create social media content and manage online communities
- Contribute to government relations and public affairs strategies
- Arrange meetings with public office holders
- Carry out other tasks related to the position
- University degree in political science, communications, economics or a related field
- Master’s degree, an asset
- Two to five years of relevant experience
- Fluency in French and English
- Excellent French copywriting skills
- Extensive knowledge of the media and political landscape
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Resourceful self-starter with an analytical mindset
- Excellent time management, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Highly organized and versatile
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- The selected candidate will work from the Boucherville office (working remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Professional development
- Personal leave days
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP with employer matching contributions
- Employee assistance program
- Must pass a background check
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.