Since 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada has been nourishing children’s potential by making sure as many of them as possible have access to a healthy morning meal before school, in an environment that allows their self-esteem to grow and flourish. The Club provides much more than breakfast: its approach is based on commitment, self-esteem and capacity development in an optimal formula adapted to local needs.
Reporting to the National Director, Philanthropy, the Senior Advisor, Corporate Partnerships, will develop, implement, and execute the annual plan for fund and partnership development for the western regions with an emphasis on the resource sector. The senior Advisor will also manage and grow a range of existing and develop new donors that contribute to the overall national fundraising goal. As well, the senior advisor will be responsible for a determined financial objective.
- Research and develop new potential donors, relationships;
- Leverage a network of donors within select industries for contact and proposal;
- Negotiate fundraising programs and initiatives for partners;
- Establish partner agreements, including deliverables and commitments by The Club and partner;
- Execute stewardship and recognition strategy for donors;
- Ensure that contractual obligations with all current partners are met;
- Participate in development planning meetings and evaluations with clients;
- Participate in reporting and renewal meetings with the partners.
- Ensure accounts are kept up to date using CRM
- Develop and run fundraising events that will build awareness and generate revenue for The Club, involving current and new partners;
- Work with the Communications and Marketing departments to maximize awareness and participation in events;
- Act as a representative for The Club in various events such as cheque remittance ceremonies, festivals, trade shows, fairs and other public events; manage displays and speeches;
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the smooth functioning of the team.
- University or college degree in business, marketing, fundraising or non-profit management, or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of fundraising experience;
- A strong understanding of the Western Canadian natural resource sector, business environment and non-profit organizations;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Salesforce is an asset.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values;
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Focus on team achievement.
- Full-time, permanent position.
- 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday.
- Work location: Weastern Canada.
- Occasional national traveling required;
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Personal leave days.
- Group insurance plans.
- Group RRSP with employer matching contributions.
- Must pass a background check.
- Target start date: as soon as possible.
Please email your CV and cover letter to CV@breakfastclubcanada.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.