Breakfast Club of Canada is looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Financial Analyst. Drawing inspiration from the Club’s mission and reporting to the Director, Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for budgeting, financial modelling, and cost, variance and margin analysis, as well as investment analysis. The position is based in the Boucherville office. Join a team of passionate professionals dedicated to supporting activities and programs designed to enhance children’s well-being.
More specifically, the Advisor, Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Identify key performance indicators for the organization, aligned with established strategic planning objectives; develop the corresponding reports and dashboards;
- Help develop and implement as many best practices as possible to streamline the annual budget process, financial forecasting and investment analysis;
- Analyze variances between actual, budgeted and forecast costs;
- Implement a rolling forecast process to reduce the amount of time spent on the annual budget;
- Serve as a business partner for other departments within the organization:
- Work closely with the Development and Innovation teams and other relevant units to analyze projects and prepare comprehensive, high-quality analyses aligned with BCC’s strategic priorities;
- Provide high-level advisory services to managers of various business units to assist in developing their budgets and financial forecasts and in analyzing scenarios to help in strategic and operational decision-making in the ordinary course of business;
- Actively promote a service-oriented culture by cultivating positive working relationships with other business units, in accordance with established levels of service and budgets;
- Perform complex financial modelling to analyze various opportunities;
- Develop the most suitable financial package, assessment and performance scenarios for analyzed projects;
- Contribute to the due diligence process for grants and oversee the corresponding financial aspects;
- Identify major investment risks and suggest solutions for mitigating them;
- Help prepare and present information for senior management;
- Act as a resource person for the group of financial analysts;
- Foster excellence within the assigned team and create a culture of continuous improvement, with well-defined standards and objectives to achieve over the short, medium and long term;
- Lead the planning, selection and rollout of technological solutions that directly or indirectly impact financial operations.
- CPA certification;
- Ten years of experience, including five years in a similar role within a multi-unit organization;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in French and English;
- Solid management experience;
- Related experience in project assessment and financial modelling;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in budgeting and financial analysis solutions;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central;
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software, an asset;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience working with other Office applications;
- In-depth knowledge of best practices related to strategic planning, budgeting and the role of business partner;
- Sound financial judgment and keen analytical skills.
- Adherence to Breakfast Club of Canada values;
- Self-directed and self-motivated;
- Leadership mindset, highly organized and disciplined, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Team player with proven collaborative and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical and communication capabilities;
- Tolerance for ambiguity;
- Ability to treat information ethically, accurately and confidentially;
- Hands-on approach, ability to focus on and easily switch between micro- and macro-level issues;
- Full-time, permanent position;
- Salary and benefits in line with current industry standards;
- Position based in the Boucherville office (home-based while COVID-19 restrictions are in effect);
- Target start date: as soon as possible.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to email@example.com.
*Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.