Photo : Bucket List Tummy
Step into the cozy embrace of autumn with our Apple Pumpkin Baked Oats. As the weather turns crisp and leaves fall, there’s no better way to start your day than with a warm and delicious breakfast.
This recipe combines oats, apples and pumpkin for a hearty, flavourful dish that celebrates the season. Whether you’re an oatmeal fan or just looking for a tasty, fall-inspired breakfast, these baked oats are the perfect choice.
Yield: 9 servings | Preparation: 10 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 398 ml (15 oz) can pumpkin purée
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ c. (60 ml) maple syrup
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. (3.75 ml) pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) salt
- ¾ tsp. (3.75 ml) baking powder
- 1 c. (250 ml) vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2½ c. (625 ml) old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. (250 ml) chopped apples
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare an 8’ x 8’ (20 cm x 20 cm) baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder.
- Add in milk and whisk well.
- Add in oats and chopped apples, reserving some of the apples for the topping. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining apples.
- Cook for 40–45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.