- 1 cup (250 mL) of Mott’s Fruitsations Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) of large flake rolled oats, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) of canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) of salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) of chopped pitted dates (about 15 to 20)
- ½ cup (125 mL) of dried cranberries
1. Measure 1 cup (250 mL) oats into a food processor; process into oat flour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Whisk apple sauce with egg, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add oat flour, whole oats, dates and cranberries; stir until evenly moistened.
3. Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop rounded portions of batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten tops slightly with the back of the scoop. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Makes about 18 cookies.
Tip: Stir in up to 1/4 cup (50 mL) nutritious, high-fibre additions such as flax, hemp hearts or chia seeds.
Many thanks to our partner for this delicious recipe!