Peanut Butter And Banana Muffins
by Noelle Martin from Motherhood and Meals
A healthy and nutritious snack for the whole family. And in case you were wondering…. you can totally make these on a PJ day!
- 1 c. (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 c. (250 mL) unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) baking soda
- 2 large (or 3 small) ripe bananas
- ½ c. (125 mL) natural peanut butter
- ¾ c. (175 mL) milk of your choice (I used coconut milk)
- ¼ c. (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Optional addition: ½ c. (125 mL) raisins or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Mix together the peanut butter, milk, syrup, egg and vanilla extract. Then add the mashed banana.
- Once the wet ingredients are blended together well, add the dry ones. Stir everything together.
- Scoop the batter into your favourite muffin tin and bake for 18–20 minutes. Oven times may vary. You can check to see if the muffins are done by inserting a toothpick or knife and looking to see if it comes out clean.
Thank you to our collaborator for this delicious recipe!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!