- ½ vanilla bean
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whole dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 apples
- 3 ripe pears
1. Slit the ½ vanilla bean in two lengthwise and scratch the inside with the tip of a knife to remove seeds. Place vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan. Add water, Gourmet Maple Syrup & Cranberry and dried cranberries. Put aside.
2. Peel and cut apples into pieces and immediately place in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Let simmer until apples start to soften, about 10 minutes depending on variety. In the meantime, peel and cut pears. Add them to saucepan and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until all fruit is tender.
3. Remove vanilla bean. Pour into blender and purée to desired consistency. Add maple syrup to taste.
Many thanks to our partner Maple Delights for this delicious recipe!