With the end of the school year just around the corner, why not kick off the summer with a refreshing smoothie jam-packed with fruits and vegetables!
Smoothies are a breeze to make, and you can mix and match the ingredients to your liking. Plus, they’re an excellent way to avoid wasting food when you have extra fruits and veggies to use up!
Here are two delicious and nutritious smoothie ideas that we have selected just for you. You’ll see: they are absolutely heavenly!
Yield: 6 | Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 6 oranges
- 3 bananas, on the ripe side
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups packed spinach
- 1½ cups ice
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for 1 minute or until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately. Can also be placed in an air-tight container and stored in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
Yield: 1-2 | Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 oranges, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 banana
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup pineapple, frozen
- ¼ cup mango, frozen
- ¼ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup ice
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend for 1 to 2 minutes until completely smooth and creamy.
- For a regular smoothie, pour into a cup and serve. For a fun option, pour the smoothie into popsicle moulds and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
For more healthy, tastebud-tantalizing recipes, check out the Club’s new cookbook!